When it is cold outside or raining, it is especially pleasant to brew tea with lemon. This drink is good for our body, and a bright accent in the form of a slice of citrus helps to improve mood. This is a good remedy for the prevention of colds, you can combine with other ingredients and get delicious drinks with healing properties.
- Composition of lemon tea
- Calorie content of tea with lemon
- What are the benefits of lemon?
- Benefits of lemon tea
- What is lemon tea good for?
- Is lemon tea good for kids?
- Can a pregnant or lactating woman drink lemon tea?
- Lemon Tea: The Benefits of Slimming
- How to brew tea?
- What is the best way to drink lemon tea?
- Lemon Tea Recipes
- Green lemon tea
- Black lemon tea
- Lemon tea with ginger
- Lemon tea with honey
- Lemon tea with mint
- Lemon tea with cinnamon
- Cold lemon tea with mint
- Contraindications and side effects
Composition of lemon tea
In one quantity or another (depending on the variety) it includes:
- essential oils and tannins, that is, tannins, which provide a tartness of taste;
- proteins and amino acids that affect the metabolic processes in the body;
- thein – an alkaloid that excites the nervous system;
- pectins and vitamins – the content of the P-group is higher than in other plants, and citrus provides vitamin-C;
- organic acids and mineral compounds of phosphorus, potassium, fluorine.
The total number of different components can reach three hundred, and all components will be organically combined in each cup, benefiting the body.
Calorie content of tea with lemon
When the drink is brewed in its pure form, it tends to zero (reaches a maximum of 0.5-1 kcal per 100 g), but the addition of a slice of citrus increases it to 6-14 kcal per glass (200 ml in volume). And it increases significantly with the addition of any sweetener: literally one small spoon of sugar already contains up to 35 kcal. And with honey, the energy value also increases.
What are the benefits of lemon?
It’s no secret that this fruit is a natural remedy that helps fight many ailments. So, regular consumption can be effective in the following situations:
- increased stamina;
- strengthening immunity;
- normalization of the nervous system and brain;
- improved sleep quality;
- removal of toxins and toxins;
- slowing down the aging process of the body;
- treatment of skin problems;
- the fight against depressive episodes.
Benefits of lemon tea
- When chilled, it quenches thirst wonderfully – just a few sips are enough to freshen up, which is especially convenient in the summer heat. Plus, it contributes to the healthy withdrawal of fluid accumulated in the body.
- Protects against anemia – ascorbic acid in vitamin C improves the absorption of iron. As a result, tissues and muscles are more actively saturated with oxygen.
- It is a natural antiseptic, as it is rich in antioxidants that can delicately cleanse the body of harmful radicals that provoke the appearance and development of infectious diseases. If you regularly use it without sweeteners, you can significantly strengthen your immunity.
- Due to organic acids in its composition, it stabilizes the gastrointestinal tract.
- It helps fight wrinkles. And in general, to seriously improve the skin, you can enjoy tea with lemon daily in the morning: what it is useful for is that it increases the elasticity and firmness of the epidermis.
- It turns out to be quite an effective prophylactic against hypertension and joint problems, as it is rich in vitamin C.
- Conveniently complements drug treatment in the fight against acute respiratory infections.
- It calms the nerves due to the relatively high content of alkaloids and pectins.
- Reduces the likelihood of the appearance and development of chronic diseases.
- It gives the necessary charge of vitamins at the junction of the seasons, increases resistance to viruses, warms pleasantly in cold weather.
These advantages are relevant all year round, which is also an important point. After all, you can catch the same cold in the spring, in the blooming April, and the drink will still prove to be the best. Just treat it not as a medicine, but as an additional tool that simplifies the removal of symptoms and accelerates recovery. It is also good for prophylaxis: it will preserve male reproductive function until a respectable age and prevent the problems of the genitourinary system.
What is lemon tea good for?
With ARVI or ARI, due to the diuretic effect, it quickly removes the infection and also helps relieve pain during coughing. It is effective at the initial stage of the development of angina – it activates the body’s defenses, but at the acute stage, the drink is already contraindicated, since it irritates the mucous membranes.
It removes the urge to vomit, does not allow toxins to accumulate, destroys harmful microflora, which means it is useful for kinetosis and poisoning. It tones, therefore it can be used with a hangover to eliminate withdrawal symptoms, but in this case, it should be generously sweetened so that the water balance is restored by glucose.
With gastritis, it increases acidity (therefore, it is contraindicated for those who already have it over the top).
In obesity, due to the content of vitamin C in citrus, it breaks down deposits, accelerates metabolic processes, thereby creating the preconditions for weight loss.
Contributes to the removal of negative emotions will help any of element, alkaloids and pectins will not allow sorrowful nerves to bring to stress or depression.
Is lemon tea good for kids?
Yes, but only if you do not drink it daily (otherwise you can provoke an increase in acidity). In moderation, it has the following beneficial effects:
- gastrointestinal tract stabilization – relieves both diarrhea and constipation;
- improvement of microflora – prevents bacteria from multiplying in the oral cavity;
- a more effective fight against respiratory diseases – has a diaphoretic effect;
- normalization of temperature – contributes to its rapid knocking down;
- quenching thirst (if it’s cool) without the risk of catching a throat.
And in general, it strengthens the immune system and health, especially during periods of vitamin deficiency. Pediatricians and nutritionists advise including it in the child’s menu from the age of 10 months, but first, you need to check if the crumbs are allergic to citrus, which is easiest to add to the drink in the form of slices. Although it is also permissible to squeeze the juice, dilute it with sugar in warm water and then pour in – a little, a fourth or third part of the volume of a small spoon will be enough.
Can a pregnant or lactating woman drink lemon tea?
It is clear that the expectant mother needs to exclude something from her diet, and something – on the contrary, add. When carrying a baby, green varieties fall into the first category, since they impair the absorption of B-group vitamins, namely the latter are very important for the formation of a healthy circulatory and cardiovascular system of the fetus. But black can be used, but only weak: when chilled, they will be a remedy for heartburn, nausea, and constipation. A warm one will become a natural alternative to cold medications (naturally, the doctor should be aware of this treatment method).
During breastfeeding, it is permissible to drink a drink moderately, carefully assessing the condition of the baby. If a rash or other allergic reaction suddenly begins, it is better to abandon your favorite habit for another time.
Lemon Tea: The Benefits of Slimming
Its positive effect is in the active burning of fat reserves. For it to give maximum results, it is necessary to drink it daily, without sugar (or other sweeteners) and before lunch, because after 12-00 the metabolic processes gradually slow down.
It is believed that green varieties are better suited, although this is already a matter of personal preference. The main thing is to use fresh, that is, no later than 1 hour after brewing, while the aroma and active substances are still preserved.
The recipe for an overweight drink conditionally looks like this:
- 200 ml of any tea you like;
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice or a slice of citrus;
- a few drops of honey (if you don’t have anywhere without sweet, although without it, fat will be burned even faster).
How to brew tea?
Below is a universal step-by-step instruction for cooking. So, you need:
- bring the water to a boil, and then cool to 85-75 degrees Celsius (depending on the brand);
- pour a teapot with this liquid, pour a pinch of green or black grade into it, pour it with the resulting almost boiling water;
- let the black variety infuse for 4-5 minutes, and green tea is enough to insist for 2-3 minutes;
- pick up a cup of aromatic drink and add a slice of yellow fruit (or its juice).
So simple – after that, you can enjoy and improve your health.
What is the best way to drink lemon tea?
Here are a few rules to follow to get the most out of your fun and benefits:
- make lemon tea not too hot – boiling water can burn mucous membranes;
- do not use it on an empty stomach – so as not to violate the level of acidity;
- put citrus in an already slightly cooled liquid – to preserve all its properties;
- tea leaves should not be too steep, otherwise, you run the risk of running into insomnia;
- do not mix with drugs during illness (exceptions – only with the permission of the doctor);
- the drink remaining from yesterday (or standing for more than 6 hours) should be replaced with a fresh one.
It is also important to adhere to the daily norms: for white and red varieties, for example, it is 750 ml, for black – up to 1 liter.
Lemon Tea Recipes
Below are a few ideas that have become popular because of their simplicity, taste and the positive impact they have.
Green lemon tea
An excellent choice for losing weight, getting a charge of vitamin vigor, increasing tone. So, you will need:
- a pinch of good tea leaves;
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed juice;
- sugar (if desired, you can refuse it altogether).
It is necessary to boil water, then cool to 80 ° C, pour over the walls of the teapot with it, and then pour the selected variety on it. Wait 3 minutes, add fresh (or a slice of citrus) and enjoy.
Black lemon tea
A classic with a rich taste, familiar since childhood. And you only need:
- one small spoon of Darjeeling, Earl Gray or another favorite brand;
- few slices of sunny yellow fruit;
- honey or sugar – to taste (optional).
The cooking procedure is standard, there is only a small clarification: it is enough to brew for 4-5 minutes.
We will return to black tea with lemon: its benefits and harms will be discussed below in the section on contraindications. Now move on to the next popular option.
Lemon tea with ginger
You can make it a dozen different methods, but quite original and at the same time proved to be effective in the fight against excess weight is the method in a thermos.
- Cut the rhizome – at the rate of 3 cm for every 200 ml – into small cubes or slices, fill in a container that keeps the temperature.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon and 2-3 clove umbrellas, for a spicy aroma, and pour boiling water.
- You let it brew for half an hour, cool it a bit and consume it, not forgetting to put a slice of citrus in a cup.
Lemon tea with honey
A wonderful choice for the cold season, as it perfectly warms up, it turns out to be tasty and cooks very quickly. It is brewed according to the standard scheme, from any variety you like, even Indian, even Chinese. There are only two nuances: firstly, the sweetener, in the amount of two small spoons, must be dissolved in an already well-chilled drink, and secondly, a piece of fruit should be placed in glass only after that.
Lemon tea with mint
In the hot form, it removes mild pain and soothes the nerves that are inflamed. To make it, you need to take dried mint leaves, mix them with tea leaves, pour over boiling water, brew for 5-7 minutes. Fresh can be used exclusively in the form of decor, but a slice of citrus (or freshly squeezed juice) is simply necessary for each cup.
This is the case when men should not be abused – so as not to upset the hormonal balance.
Lemon tea with cinnamon
It is gorgeous with its aroma, in which fragrant notes play multifaceted, it warms remarkably – it helps to get a charge of good mood in the winter evening. It is brewed almost standardly: the only difference is that half of the spicy cinnamon sticks need to be chopped and separately diluted in heated water, and when combined with the brewed drink for 5-10 minutes.
Contraindications and side effects
Already written a lot of words about how lemon tea is useful for the body, now let’s see why it is harmful. Because of excessive use, it has the following negative effects:
- The manifestation of allergies – rashes, age spots, redness, and other similar reactions. Especially often, such phenomena are observed in young children, in the diet of which a drink is introduced (perhaps not even directly, but indirectly, that is, with the milk of a nursing mother).
- An increase in the general level of acidity – for those who are already high, it is better to forget about a cup or two of fragrant puer with citrus before bedtime, at lunchtime or on an empty stomach. Otherwise, it can even reach the formation of new ulcers or the discovery of old ones. Well, heartburn, too, will certainly make itself felt – burning behind the sternum is not pleasant.
- The development of hypertension – if pressure is naughty anyway, you do not need to provoke it, it is fraught with a variety of health problems, up to a micro stroke or glaucoma.
- The color of the teeth changes – the enamel darkens, turns yellow, ceases to be snow-white. When deciding for yourself whether lemon tea is healthy every day, remember the beauty of a smile. If you abuse it, you may have to go to the dentistry.
- Insomnia – too strong tea leaves lead to all-night wakefulness. This is just the case when you need to think about your well-being the next day and not get carried away even with the most delicious Earl Gray – so you don’t feel lethargy, apathy, and powerlessness.
We recall once again that green varieties are contraindicated in pregnant women, since, although they are rich in trace elements, they slow down the absorption of B-vitamins and folic acid, which are necessary for the healthy development of the fetus. Well, nursing mothers are obliged to think not only about themselves but also about the baby and immediately stop their taste experiments with citrus if they notice an allergic reaction or an increase in pH level in the baby. Men should be careful with mint, which, in excessive quantities, can lead to hormonal changes and a deterioration in potency.
Each person decides how many cups to make his daily norm: someone will be satisfied and one, someone needs two or three. But in general, it is worth including lemon tea in your menu: the beneficial properties of the drink are obvious, and if you use it wisely, you will not even encounter negative consequences.