One of the most favorite instant dishes for people of different ages is a sausage in a bun with sauce – a hot dog. Fast food has firmly entered our lives. Due to the variety of bakery products, you can cook a hot dog yourself, the recipe at home involves the use of ready-made buns. A feature of the dish is that even children can make it. After all, all you need is to cut the bun and put sausage and vegetables there.
Children really like it when a hot dog includes very long sausages or vice versa mini options for kids. By preparing the dish yourself, you can be sure of the quality of the products. Mayonnaise can always be replaced with a more healthy sour cream dressing with garlic and purchased ketchup with homemade tomato sauce.
How to make Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs at home?
Recipes of hot dogs tasty with photos allow you to evaluate the appetite of the finished dish. Even if you are a fan of healthy eating, you will surely want to try a delicious bun with sausage and vegetables. Or maybe you are even interested in making a hot dog from scratch. This option will be interesting to food lovers, as it takes a lot of time, but the result is very tasty.
However, in this recipe, I decided to show how to cook a hot dog with bacon. We so often see options for hot dogs wrapped in bacon and did not even think how easy it is to make them at home. It only takes a couple of minutes and is much juicier than a regular hot dog.
In the store, you can buy ready-made sauce for hamburgers, which is characterized by a rich yellow color. You can prepare dressings yourself from those ingredients that are more preferable for you. In this case, I used mustard, green onions, and slightly fried onions from gas stations. You can use any vegetables of your choice.
If you want to make the dish more useful, then instead of sausages, you can use minced meat or chopped minced meat. Of course, a hamburger is more likely, it will still be very tasty, satisfying, and nutritious. Serve hot dogs should be hot on their own or, supplemented with french fries. Homemade hamburgers go well with potato, carrot, beet chips, which you can cook yourself.
Also, this recipe can be cooked on the grill, instead of a frying pan. This option is perfect for going outdoors or with a grill in the yard. All guests usually like bacon dogs and you should not be afraid to call a big company, as they can be cooked very quickly and easily. Even if there are more guests than you expected. This is one of the main reasons why I love hot dogs, they cook quickly and can always be done without distracting from communicating with friends. The main thing is stock up on in front of buns and hot dogs.
Baking Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs
- 4 slices bacon (one slice on a hot dog)
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 green onion
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar (for sprinkling, optional, but tasty)
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Spread a slice of bacon on silicone or wooden cutting board.
- Put the hot dog on the bacon at one end. Roll the bacon and hot dog until the bacon covers the entire hot dog. Set aside.
- Repeat with the rest of the hot dogs. You may need to use toothpicks to keep the bacon in place - judge it when you roll it.
- Heat a thick-bottomed pan over low heat. Add butter or vegetable oil (do not use much, as the bacon will give more fat when cooked). Be careful to spray fat. Also, you can use a grill.
- Add hot dogs in bacon. Sprinkle with a little brown sugar if necessary.
- Fry. Flip when the underside is lightly browned and the bacon is crispy. Fry until bacon looks cooked. Note: You may need to drain some of the fat from the pan at this point.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Carefully remove cooked hot dogs with tongs or a spatula. Put on a paper towel to dry excess fat.
- You can eat hot dogs as a separate dish, for example with herbs or sauce.
- I like to add green onions and mustard, it turns out very juicy.