I like the chicken fajitas. When the veggies are truly good and caramelized, my preferred is. The very best method to get that is to utilize a cast-iron frying pan, however, if you do not have one, no huge offer. Utilize what you got! Here is a dish that is terrific for the entire household. They have simply enough heat to leave your lips a little tingly, however, you can constantly utilize less crushed red pepper or spicy pepper substitute if you are serving youngsters. Extra garnishes depend on you. I like having black beans, shredded cheddar, lettuce, tomatoes, avocados and sour cream as extra garnishes, however, salsa, jalapenos, rice are excellent alternatives too. It likewise heats up excellent for leftovers! I consumed a few of the leftovers with some baked sweet potatoes and liked it.
Fiesta Fajita Chicken
- 1 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 4 tbsp Nudo Olive Oil (2 for veggies & 2 for chicken)
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Bell Peppers (any color)
- Cut your chicken into thin slices.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil, lime juice, and seasonings into a bowl or large zip lock bag.
- Add chicken, turn to coat and let marinate. (30 min.- 8 hours)
- Cut peppers and onion into thin strips.
- Add to skillet with remaining 2 TBS olive oil and cook until caramelized. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add chicken to skillet, stir and cook until no longer pink in the middle. (Approximately 6-10 minutes depending on the thickness of strips)
- Throw veggies back in the skillet with chicken for the last couple minutes to heat back through.
- Spoon into tortillas and add additional desired toppings.