You may have heard of the therapeutic properties of green tea: it works as a great antioxidant, activates the immune system, reduces cholesterol levels, prevents cancer, and provides many other benefits.
But what many people do not know is that green tea also has cosmetic properties, which provide many benefits for our beauty. Facing the potential benefits, the beauty industry has launched soaps, shampoos, creams, and moisturizers based on green tea.
- Benefits and properties of green tea for the skin
- Conservation and preparation of green tea
- Ways to use green tea to improve the health and appearance of the skin
- Face masks
- Green tea smoothies
- Green tea capsules / pills
- Can it be used to treat skin diseases and injuries?
- Contraindications of its use on the skin
- Homemade beauty recipes with green tea
- A green astringent tonic tea
- How to Eliminate Blackheads with Green Tea
- Green tea facial mask for oily skin
- Green tea against enlarged pores
- Related posts:
Benefits and properties of green tea for the skin
The substances contained in green tea help repel acne-causing bacteria and reduce inflammation. Green tea also reduces the chances of having dry, itchy skin and contact allergies. Ideal for those who have oily hair, who should simply use green tea as a rinse after washing their hair.
Due to the flavonoids present in its composition, green tea (when applied topically or orally) reduces the adverse effects on the skin caused by exposure to UV rays, such as skin damage, erythema, and lipid peroxidation, redness and also reduces the risk of skin cancer.
The consumption of green tea improves the hydration, firmness, and elasticity of the skin. Flavonoids also improve blood flow, that is, they improve microcirculation that facilitates the transport of oxygen and nutrients to the skin. This produces an increase in elasticity and a decrease in surface roughness, in addition to providing an improvement in skin moisture.
Other of the structural characteristics of the skin that are positively affected by the use of green tea, including elasticity are roughness, density, and water homeostasis. Studies have shown that green tea polyphenols act by ingesting it in blood flow as well as in supplying oxygen to the skin. Green tea polyphenols have also been shown to protect the skin against ultraviolet radiation and help improve the overall quality of women’s skin.
Heals burns have healing power for reddened skin and heal wounds. You can prepare a home remedy that adapts to any type of skin.
It is good for teeth and gums that drinking this wonderful tea ensures much better oral health than those who do not. In turn, it also reduces the levels of periodontal diseases, since its elements attack bacteria and control the inflammation that may occur in the gums. In addition, it reduces the risk of losing teeth because they are in good health.
It acts against psoriasis, by applying this natural remedy topically to the skin, it automatically reduces redness and irritation. This is because green tea decreases those excess cells that are in the skin and cause this condition. It has the same positive effect against dandruff.
Eliminates stretch marks, we know that stretch marks are quite unwanted on the woman’s body. For this reason, the catechin present in green tea helps to stimulate and regenerate the cells that appear as stretch marks.
Goodbye dark circles, its application is excellent to reduce wrinkles, crow’s feet, eye bags, or any element that demonstrates aging specifically in this area. How does it work? Being in the presence of the ína theine ’immediately activates the blood circulation and ends with dark circles because the blood vessels constrict. Its application is very simple, place cotton moistened with green tea over the eyes and you will see the reduction of such dark circles. If you want, also see these tips to eliminate dark circles.
Against alopecia, according to a study by Koreans, green tea has the ability to stop hair loss thanks to the presence of EGCG catechins that act directly on hair follicles and scalp, thus stopping hair loss. hair and helping its growth and lengthening in a healthy way and totally free of residues. Check out the 65 Causes of Hair Loss for men and women.
It fights cellulite, as well as helps to lose weight, considerably reduces the dreaded cellulite, since it gets rid of localized fat and has anti-inflammatory power. However, this result is only possible if its consumption is complemented with a healthy and balanced diet.
Conservation and preparation of green tea
To preserve all the properties of green tea, it must be stored in a dry and ventilated place as well as closed, dark, and cool.
The exact point where the water should be when preparing the tea is at the moment it begins to boil, after this, you will only have to leave the bag in the water for a time of 5 minutes. It’s that easy, right?
Ways to use green tea to improve the health and appearance of the skin
It is recommended to consult the dermatologist before applying or ingesting this product to get benefits to your skin.
One of the ways to apply it to your skin, specifically on your face, which is especially delicate is through the preparation of face masks where you will only need green tea, drinking water, honey, and aloe.
What should you do?
- Make a cup of green tea that is very concentrated, but you can not let the water boil since the tea loses important properties. With five tablespoons of green tea, you add will be more than enough.
- Add rice flour and mix until a homogeneous semi-liquid mixture is formed.
- Quickly place on your face with clean hands or a brush (whichever is most comfortable for you) and let it act for 30 minutes or so and remove the mixture with warm water. You must remove all excesses and particles from your face.
There is another way to make a mask easily, you can take your moisturizing face cream and mix it with crushed green tea leaves and put it on your face for 10 minutes. After this, it must be rinsed.
You can also do a facial cleaning with the steam of green tea, boiling water, and then placing the green tea leaves directly into the water. Put a towel around your head and tilt your face close to the bowl with the warm water, but at a safe distance for only five minutes.
Green tea smoothies
They can become a good substitute for breakfast and you can prepare it in different ways:
- With melon: its flavor is refreshing, this mixture works as a diuretic and to provide you with a large number of antioxidants.
- With parchita: mix green tea with the pulp of the parchita and if you think that the result is very acid, put a little orange juice. This smoothie because it is quite light can help you with the heat at any time of the day.
- Matcha green tea and peach: it has a great satiating effect so it is perfect to drink in the morning. Put orange juice, two peaches, and a tablespoon of matcha in the blender. Add ice and enjoy it.
- Matcha green tea and red berries: a powerful blend of antioxidants if you mix ½ cup of strawberries, ½ cup of blueberries, one cup of water and one tablespoon of matcha.
In principle, it is always recommended not to abuse the excessive consumption of these infusions that have little aroma, are slightly bitter in flavor, and have a greenish color. Enough idea is to drink three cups a day, no more, to get the desired benefits.
Green tea capsules / pills
If you are one of the women who do not like infusions or teas, you can go for the option offered by pharmaceutical laboratories who offer pills generally indicated for weight loss and that have the same active functions of green tea but in another presentation.
For this, it is important to consult your doctor which is the best brand that will bring the desired benefits to your body according to the needs and objectives you want to achieve and achieve at the end of taking them.
Can it be used to treat skin diseases and injuries?
Without a doubt, yes. The use of this remedy helps prevent important diseases such as cancer. This is possible due to the high amount of antioxidants it has (catechins) that decrease the negative consequences that free radicals produced. So the cellular oxidation that they produce stops and that leads to skin cancer.
For rosacea skin it is also recommended to use it, this disease affects the facial skin specifically and in some cases the eyes (but to a lesser extent), it affects women who are already in menopause, people with very white skin or who they are between 30 and 60 years old. The advice is to apply a facial cream with green tea extract, twice a day, for four weeks and you will start to see the changes.
There is another disease called vitiligo in which the production of melanin and pigments in the skin is prevented because the immune system is in charge of eliminating and attacking these producing cells, forming white spots on certain parts of the skin. To help improve this condition, a healthy diet should be taken combined with certain skincare. Consuming green tea helps protect healthy cells from being attacked by the immune system.
Contraindications of its use on the skin
As the saying goes, we know that “everything in excess is bad”, no matter how much benefit it gives our body, it is important not to abuse the consumption of certain products or foods.
In the case of green tea, this drink is highly recommended and consumed in infinite forms and ways, but there are certain precautions that must be taken into account, especially related to its caffeine content, which is important to note that its levels are not much higher. lower than that of coffee or black tea, but not without adverse effects.
Consuming large amounts may cause vomiting, headache, diarrhea, irritability, sleep problems, tremors, heartburn, dizziness, strange heartbeats, ringing in the ears, and other symptoms that are quite unpleasant.
- It is not recommended for before bed as it may cause insomnia, nerves, or anxiety. If you suffer from hypertension you should totally avoid consuming it.
- It can demineralize the body due to its effective diuretic action, where liquids are expelled but electrolytes are removed.
- It is not indicated for children or pregnant women because it can cause higher effects than in adults due to caffeine.
- It is not recommended if you suffer from anemia since it can decrease the absorption of iron.
- If you are under treatment or are taking any medication for regular use, it is important to know if there will be side effects and side effects that cause unwanted symptoms.
Homemade beauty recipes with green tea
In practice, you can become more precise, with some homemade recipes made with tea.
A green astringent tonic tea
- Put 100 grams of green tea in half a liter of water and let it rest for an hour.
- Go through the face with a cotton ball in circular movements and avoid contact with the eyes.
How to Eliminate Blackheads with Green Tea
- Soak 100 grams of green tea in one liter of boiling water.
- Boil for five minutes, let cool and then place in the fridge.
- Soak two cotton balls in the iced tea and run them through the eyes for 15 minutes.
Green tea facial mask for oily skin
- Separate a teaspoon of green tea (can be sachet: tear the bag to get the juice after brewing)
- Put a tablespoon of honey in a bowl
- Mix the green tea juice with the honey (if you want you can mix it in a mixer).
- Apply with a gentle massage on a clean and dry face. Then let it rest for about 20 minutes and then remove it with cold water.
Green tea against enlarged pores
If you have large pores, check out this tip: Ice with green tea.
When added to a vitamin E capsule, it works great for those who suffer from enlarged pores. By contacting ice with green tea and vitamin E on the face, the pores close and the skin becomes smoother, deflating the tissue and removing blackheads and pimples.
- Green tea (about half a liter)
- 1 vitamin E capsule (net)
After cooling the tea mixture with the vitamin E capsule. Place the mixture in a container with ice. Leave in the freezer until all the mixture is frozen and at that moment it will be ready to be applied to the face.
Green tea is not only a tasty, aromatic, and healthy drink, but also an extremely effective cosmetic product. On its basis, you can prepare many masks, lotions, scrubs, and decoctions that help to cope with various problems on the skin of the face and body.